For Russian visas; migration cards; visa registration in Russia; traveling with a minor; U.S. citizen services in Russia, CLICK HERE.
Traveling from Anchorage to Tokyo via Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (PKC), Russia? Travelers must have all necessary travel documentation and visas to enter/exit Japan, the US and Russia. At the interim stop at PKC, travelers must clear Russian customs and immigrations inbound and outbound. All US citizens must have a Russian visa to transit Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia (PKC).
Baggage Allowances and Fees: For information on baggage rules on Yakutia Airlines and a summary of excess baggage fees, CLICK HERE. Please note that baggage allowances and fees on Yakutia Airlines’ domestic routes may vary.
Traveling with Guns from Anchorage to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky:
– Guns should be registered with customs before departure from the US to avoid difficulties when returning.
– Guns should be packaged in TSA-approved cases.
– Ammunition should be in a locked and sealed metal container.
– Up to 10 lbs ammunition are permitted on the international flight.
– Standard baggage rules and fees apply to hunters.
– Intent to transport weapons and ammunition must be declared to the airline at the time of booking and approved by the airline.
– Reservations for transporting dogs must be made in advance.
– All kennels must meet USDA guidelines or the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Live Animal Regulations.
– All dogs are required by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to have appropriate immunization and valid health certificates issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of travel.
– Passengers are responsible for ensuring compliance with US and Russian regulations pertaining to the transportation of animals.
– Passengers with dogs traveling as checked baggage must pay a fee of $120 per dog.
For more updates about Russian visa, important traveler information, and other useful resources, visit PLAN YOUR TRIP