When you’re headed to Khabarovsk between July 13 and August 17, 2014, you will have a 14-hour layover in Kamchatka. But you don’t have to spend it waiting at the airport. Hop off the plane; take a sightseeing tour of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky; visit world’s famous Valley of Geysers, take a rafting trip, soak in one of Kamchatka’s countless hotsprings, or have a nice meal, and then head back to the airport. Photo above: Hiker explores the summit of Avacha Volcano, in Kamchatka, Russia, courtesy of Kamchatintour.
Things to Keep in Mind
- When deciding what to see during your layover in Kamchatka, allow yourself a reasonable amount of time to exit the airport and get through passport control and customs, which may take more than an hour. You’ll also want to factor in enough time to return to the airport and go through security.
Where to Leave your Luggage
- The Petropavlosk-Kamchatsky airport offers a secure, luggage storing service. Click HERE to to view the airport map.
Layover Tours by Kamchatintour
During your layover, you will have plenty of time to see the highlights and attractions in Kamchatka. Join Kamchatintour, the premier ground operator for foreign groups visiting Kamchatka, for short tours to experience Kamchatka’s breathtaking landscape, unique wildlife, native cultures and hospitality. Let Kamchatintour help to plan your layover right, and it can become a productive part of your business trip or an extension of your vacation.
- Petropavlovsk city sightseeing + Trip to the Pacific Coast (9-10 hours)
- Sea cruise around Avacha Bay to Starichkov Island + Short City Sightseeing (9-10 hours)
- Ethnic style village “Kainyran” + Paratunka Hot Springs (9-10 hours)
- Helicopter excursion to Valley of Geysers + Uzon Caldera + Zhupanova River Hot Springs (6-8 hours)
- Helicopter trip to Kurilskoye Lake + Khodutka Hot Springs (6-8 hours)
- Avachinsky volcano and Camel Mountain foothill trekking (9-10 hours)
- Rafting and fishing on Bystraya River + Malki Hot Springs (9-10 hours)
Photo: Rafting on Bystraya River, Courtesy of Kamchatintour
Photo: Views of the Avacha Bay in Kamchatka, one of the greatest natural harbors in the world, Courtesy of Kamchatintour
Photo: Avacha Volcano Views, Courtesy of Kamchatintour
Photo: Kainyran Native Center, Courtesy of Kamchatintour
Where to stay in Kamchatka
- If sleeping and refreshing after your flight sounds better to you than sightseeing, consider checking-in into one of the Kamchatka hotels. Click here to read more…
Other things to do