Admission into Russia: Filling out Forms on Board Your Flight

Migration Card

Sample Migration Card – Click to zoom in.

Migration Card:

All foreigners entering Russia must fill out a two-part migration card upon arrival. Migration cards are available at all ports of entry from Russian immigration officials, but generally flight attendants distribute this form prior to landing.  The travelers deposit one part of the card with immigration authorities at the port of entry (Entry Card “A”), and keep the other part for the duration of their stay.  Upon departure, the travelers must submit their card (Exit Card “B”) to immigration authorities. Click HERE to download the sample of the migration card.

Customs Declaration Form:

Travelers are only obliged to complete a Customs Declaration Form if they are bringing goods or possessions that are subject to declaration. The regulations covering what items you are obliged to declare are listed HERE. If you fill out a customs declaration, then make sure it is stamped by a customs official, and keep it safe until your departure. Customs Declaration Forms are available on board of the aircraft, but can be download in advance HERE.

Migration Card and Visa Registration:

Travelers who spend more than seven days in Russia must register their visa and migration card through their sponsor.  Travelers staying in a hotel must register their visa and migration card with their hotel within one day.

US Citizens:

U.S. citizens should be aware that Russian police officers have the authority to stop people and request their identity and travel documents at any time, and without cause.  Due to the possibility of random document checks by police, travelers should carry their original passports, migration cards, and visas with them at all times.

For more information on migration cards, visa registration, US citizen services, visit the website of The Embassy of the United States in Russia.

Returning to the US:

Whether you are a visitor to the United States or a U.S. citizen arriving in the United States, you must complete CBP Declaration Form 6059B. This form provides US Customs and Border Protection with basic information about who you are and what you are bringing into the US, such as agricultural and wildlife products and whether or not you have visited a farm prior to traveling to the US. If you are traveling with other immediate family members, then you can complete one form for your entire family. Click HERE to upload Form 6059B Customs Declaration (Fillable).

Last updated: March 26, 2018