UPDATE: The Alaska-Russia Tourism Fair has been rescheduled for Summer 2013. To learn more, contact Natalie Novik, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alaska-Russia Tourism Fair, scheduled at the Sheraton Anchorage February 17 to February 19, 2013, will be an exceptional event, bringing together tourism professionals from the Russian Federation together with their colleagues in Alaska. With the resumption of flights between the two sides, the brisk development and improvement of tourism infrastructures and services in Russia, and the increasing interest by Russian tourists to visit Alaska, this is the time for each side to see what they have to offer and potentially get into agreements for the next summer season, which will start June 27, 2013.
For Alaskan companies, this is an unprecedented opportunity to carve a niche for themselves based on Russian visitors coming in greater numbers to Alaska and U.S. visitors traveling to the Russian Far-East. The visa regime for both sides has been simplified, and it is expected that direct flights will encourage trade and tourism. Both sides of the Pacific are extremely attractive in the summer season because the days are long and usually sunny, the temperatures remain very pleasant, and there is a endless range of attractions, festivals, sports and other events to keep visitors entertained during their stay. This year will also see the renewal of school exchanges, sister city exchanges, business and trade events and reciprocal visits by scientists and researchers.
The Alaska-Russia Tourism Fair will give you a chance to explore all these possibilities and get concrete information from the Russian companies that are active and ready to host the U.S. visitors and send groups of Russians to Alaska.
In order to accommodate the needs of Alaskan companies, the structure of the registration fees for Alaskan participants has been revised as follows:
o Tourism Associations and Visitors Bureaus will continue to be charged $ 1,600 with the understanding that they may represent a few smaller companies;
o Tour operators, travel agencies, and other tourism-oriented companies will pay only $700 in registration fees, to include the following:
• a booth consisting of a table and chairs in the Atrium of the Sheraton (only for Sunday 17th, but can be extended until the 19th at no charge);
• presentations by all the participants about the destinations and their business on Monday 18th, all day;
• scheduled one-on-one meetings with Russian potential business partners on Tuesday, February 19th in the morning (other times can also be negotiated);
• interpreter services during the entire duration of the Fair;
• translation services for brochures, flyers etc. (for an additional fee);
• information services and regular bulletins during the preparation of the event;
• access badge enabling any person designated by the company to attend the events (one person at a time, but the company may rotate its staff);
• Russia-Alaska Show and Reception on the 17th, Trade Dinner on the 18th and lunch every day (for one person);
• coffee breaks (Sunday pm, Monday all day and Tuesday am) for one person.
o Tickets will be available for individual purchase (for additional staff and/or guests) maximum 5 business days in advance for the following:
• Russia-Alaska Show and Reception and all meals and coffee breaks: $ 200
• Trade Dinner only, Monday 18th – $ 70
• Lunch (any day) – $ 60
The following regions in Russia have indicated their interest and are expected to send their registration forms shortly: Magadan, Yakutia, Kamchatka, Khabarovsk, Sakhalin as well as companies in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The Visitors’ Bureau in Fairbanks has already confirmed its participation and will organize a fam tour for the Russian participants. We expect the same to take place in Anchorage, and if you are interested in being part of the Anchorage fam tour, please contact Dave Kasser at Visit Anchorage.
For more information, contact: email@example.com and visit our Facebook page: Russia-Alaska Tourism Fair.
RUSSIAN CULTURAL CENTER OF ALASKA
1200 E 27th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99508
(907) 441 85 00