Alaska Photo Contest-2018: Win a Pair of Air Tickets to Russia!
Submit Your Photos and Win Two Free Round Trip Air Tickets from Anchorage to Kamchatka or Yakutsk!
InterPacific Aviation and Marketing Inc/AirRussia.US (further IPAM/ AirRussia.US), official representative of Yakutia Airlines in North America, is inviting amateur and professional photographers to participate in a photo contest dedicated to the State of Alaska. The photo contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The aim of the photo contest is to promote Alaska among international tourists as a world-class destination.
Photo credits: (left to right): Dmitri Kulikov; Slava Stepanov (1st, 2nd row); Dmitri Kulikov; Slava Stepanov (1st, 2nd row)
What to Enter
- Participants are encouraged to capture the beauty of the land and people of Alaska, as it is mirrored through landscapes, historical and cultural sites, people’s daily life, customs and cuisine.
- Photographs taken outside of Alaska are not eligible.
- All photographs must be your own original creation.
- Each participant may submit up to 3 photos, but only one photo per participant is eligible to win a prize.
- Previously published materials for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license.
- To ensure eligibility for the contest all entries must have a resolution of 6 million pixels or greater (6 megapixels). Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image with the pixel height. For example, a photograph taken with a 6-megapixel camera set for the highest resolution and best quality produces images approximately 2832 pixels by 2128 pixels, which are acceptable under the rules (2832 x 2128 = 6 million).
- Nature & Outdoors. Scenic shots of Alaska’s national parks, glaciers, wildlife, etc. in the summer. Action shots of people of all ages bicycling, hiking, playing, fishing, boating, bird watching, etc.
- Heritage & Culture. Photos that provide a sense of the Alaskan culture, people, customs, and traditions. Images of historic sites, gold-mining towns, landmarks, or Alaska’s Russian heritage offer great opportunities to capture a glimpse into Alaska’s past.
- Local People & Faces. We are looking for eye-catching photos of Alaskans of all ages, capturing their character, spirit and a little fun!
- Leisure & Relaxation. We welcome photos that show the many forms of entertainment that Alaska has to offer, such as concerts, festivals, fairs, museums, cruises, spas, resorts, and restaurants. Submit a picture of your favorite moment.
- Food & Drink. Sometimes the best fun can be had while eating! Submit us images of iconic Alaskan food and local specialties or share photos of Alaska’s unique local shops, markets and restaurants, etc. Bonus points if you have people in the images.
Photo credits (from left to right): Nathaniel Wilder (2017 Alaska Photo Contest winner); Daryl Leach (2017 runner-up); Deborah Lawton (2017 runner-up); Bill Starr (2017 runner-up)
Please do not include the following
Participants must not submit images that involve human nudity, the willful harassment of wildlife, damage to the environment by the photographer, put any individual or animal in danger, or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
How to Enter: 2 Options
Entering your photos is easy! Submit them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your images, be sure to include the following information in the body of your message:
- your first and last name
- your email address
- your phone number
- city of residence & state
- title for each submitted photo
- location where each photo was taken
- approximate date each photo was taken
- caption for each photo explaining what it portrays
By submitting an entry, you verify that you have read and agree to these Official Rules, and that all submitted photos comply with terms and conditions therein.
Submit your photos by May 20, 2018. Winners to be announced by May 31, 2018.
- The first place winner of the Photo Contest will receive two free round trip air tickets from Anchorage to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or Yakutsk, including payment of taxes, on Yakutia Airlines in economy class. In addition, the winning photograph will be published on the AirRussia.US website and promoted through our social media channels.
- Three (3) other winners (runner-ups) will receive round trip air tickets from Anchorage to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or Yakutsk on Yakutia Airlines in economy class for a discounted price of $400 each. In addition, the winning photographs will be published on the AirRussia.US website and promoted through our social media channels.
* The travel should occur between July 16 – September 3, 2018. For the detailed flight schedule, visit www.AirRussia.US/tickets. Winners may select their final destination to be Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky or Yakutsk.
**Winners are solely responsible for any other costs associated with the travel, including but not limited to the cost of their Russian visa, ground transportation, lodging, meals, etc.
***The prize tickets may be rebooked for another date with available seats in the same class one time free-of-charge; for additional changes, a $200 fee will be charged.
***The prize tickets cannot be transferred, sold to another person, or exchange into cash.
**** Baggage allowance: one checked bag up to 50 lb (23 kg) and one carry-on of up to 22 lb (10 kg); excess baggage charges apply for additional or oversize/overweight baggage.
***** If the air service is canceled for any reason, prizes become null and void. Prize tickets purchased at a discount will be refunded.
Photos will be judged by the marketing team at IPAM/AIrRussia.US in consultation with a professional photographer. Images will be judged on fitness for the contest aim, originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. IPAM/AIrRussia.US shall determine winner eligibility at its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
With regard to any photograph submitted to this contest, the entrant, or the owner of copyright in the photograph, retains copyright. By uploading or submitting any photograph to this contest, the entrant grants (or warrants that the owner of such materials expressly grants) IPAM/AIrRussia.US a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any IPAM/AIrRussia.US purpose, including, but not limited to advertising and promotional materials, its website, social media channels, publications or any other media. IPAM/AIrRussia.US will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. In addition, IPAM/AIrRussia.US reserves the right to edit captions.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com